Monday, April 19, 2010

Still on the mend

Amanda woke up full of energy today. Ocassionally there are moments where I have glimpses of the energetic person she once was. She breezed through some homework, headed off to school an hour earlier, and seemed quite happy. A long ago friend visited this weekend (sorry Ty, I forgot to pull out the camera). It made Amanda's day. His family made her a photo album of good times past. She's carried the album around all weekend. She's been talking a lot lately about missing her old life. She seemed to really need a walk down memory lane.
This picture is not the best of her, but shows off her sickly pale skin blending into the paint a few days ago. I think I'll ask the paint company to rename the color to "pale cancer." She looks much better today. I wish I could say the same for the rest of us as we continue to try and rebound. Sometimes I look at Scott and myself and think that we don't even closely resemble the same people. There are times I don't recognize myself in the mirror anymore from the fatigue and stresses of life. I know Scott is tired too. It just come with the territory.

As promised, here are some pictures.


Easter celebration - decorating eggs with Rick and Carol. None were eaten, but plenty were decorated.

Egg hunt at Grandma's house with the cousins. It was much nicer having it on Easter rather than Halloween.
Will and Scott doing their nebulizer thing.




It's easy to lament about fatigue and stress. I find a lot of healing and happiness with our little guy. He just discovered his tongue. He thinks it is the coolest thing ever. He sticks it out all day long, and it's really long. He's a man of many expressions - see for yourself how he just brightens the day.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe he sticks his tongue out like that. I usually get face #1. Next time I'm over I'm determined to see the tongue! Thanks for the pictures.

    ReplyDelete