Friday, July 29, 2011

Time For Relay

Time flew by quickly. Its time again for Relay For Life. Tonight we meet at Barnes Park to take part in the Central Davis Relay For Life. It will start at 6 pm with a victory lap by cancer survivors. Then from there our team will keep someone on the track until noon the Saturday. I hope we are all up to this. Amanda is definitely excited. She remember how special she felt last year walking the track with the other survivors as well as how much fun she had with everyone with all the activities that were going on.

I want to thank everyone that made it to the Supporters of Amanda Swim Party we had last Friday. We had a great turnout and a wonderful amount of donations. All the spare change sure added up. I took the bucket in to the credit union this morning to use their change machine and we had a total of $248.86 donated just from the swim party. We are very grateful to all those who donated. Every penny donated is going to a great cause with the American Cancer Society. I added the amount to our team's donations that you can see at our Relay For Life page here.

Also, I got some great video of the swim party at the wave pool and posted it on YouTube for everyone to see. I'm sure some of you didn't want yourself posted on YouTube in your swim suit. Sorry. Click here.

OK, its not really our swim party. Thank goodness we didn't have that kind of turnout. I get claustrophobic just watching that. Our turnout was excellent. Amanda was about the first one in the water and one of the last ones to come out. She had a great time being surrounded by so many people that have shown love and support to her during the last couple of years and we couldn't have asked for a better turnout.

I don't have Mary Ann's camera so I will have to post some actual pictures from the swim party and Relay later this weekend. Thank you again to all those who came, to those that donated, and those taking part in the Relay tonight. If you are not signed up to walk, please come on by and cheer on our team. We hope to see you there.

2 comments:

  1. That wave party if Japan is crazy!!!!!! Can you even imagine being in that pool. The germs if anything else. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited Amanda is finished with chemo!
    I am making a video for childhood cancer awareness and was wondering if I could have a picture or two of Amanda. I can get them off your blog if you don't mind.
    Thanks, Polly

    ReplyDelete