Friday, December 11, 2009

Ahhhhh - I hate steroids

As a mom, a quick venting session is needed. Steroids are no fun. I was told she'd be a little ornery for a few days a month during maintenance. That's an understatement! Its more like five torturous days involving a minimum of two hours a day of tantruming, three hours a day of moping, one hour of clinging, lots of whining, and going to school as an angel. And that's if we can get to school without everybody coming unglued as her yelling sets off Erin's. Amanda keeps telling me that she thinks she's on Santa's bad list because she's cried so much during treatment. Pretty heartbreaking. But if you saw one of her tantrums you might understand her logic. If she feels well enough tomorrow we'll let her visit him to clear things up.

I wanted to post a picture depicting all this drama but couldn't capture the moment in time. Amanda was screaming right next to Will and Erin was covering Will's ears to try and protect him. Here's the irony; he has ear infections and when I told Amanda about it she said that Erin's screaming must have caused it.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should get Will an ipod with some headphones for those out-of-control sister moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Amanda. I am married to Brady Flamm, who is cousins with Brent Flamm. I found your blog from theirs. My daughter was just diagnosed with A.L.L. When I heard about you I had to read on. I HATE steroids too! Anyway, I hope you don't mind me checking in on you from time to time. If you're interested in our blog at all it's bradyandamanda.blogspot.com. It nice for me to read about others going through the same things as us.

    ReplyDelete