Friday, November 27, 2009

Giving and Receiving

Our ward dropped off a pumpkin pie this week. I had to chuckle because last year I was relief society president and sat on the committee that decided who got the pies. Life can change rather quickly. I was grateful to be on the receiving end. Amanda had been begging me to make a pumpkin pie all week and I've been very preoccupied with setting up my upcoming business venture. Baking pies is low on the priority list right now. I am grateful for those that think of us, pray for us, and go out of their way to support us.

I'm typing this to relieve some anxiety. Amanda will take her Methotrexate within the hour. She takes it each Friday night. Last week was awful. She cried, vomited, and whimpered in her sleep until the dose wore off. Days like this I hate cancer. The worry and dread is almost as bad as dealing with side-effects. We'll try regulating some medications to knock her out so she doesn't notice. For the first time she is apprehensive about taking pills because of how they make her feel. I hope we can help her to be more comfortable or it's going to be a very long two years. But I'm coming to accept that cancer is full of a lot of uncomfortable things that you just have to toughen up and get used to.

1 comment: